market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Inglis" <mhcsa AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:49:54 -0400

Try stringing fishing line [must be strong and very hard to see, we also used brown but I don’t remember what its proper use is] at 3 foot height [use rebar, which is too small for crows to perch on]on a 20 yard grid . This works against crows too but not pigeons because they land outside and walk in. I once did a 20 acre field of spring oats in the uk this way, otherwise there would  be huge patches of bare ground or no crop. It works because they land or, in the case of the crows, take off on a flat run and almost always hit a wire that they cant see. It freaks them out. We have more geese this year also.

I would like to know if it works for you if you try it.

Good luck.

Dave Inglis

www.mahaiweharvest.com

Berkshire County,