market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Settle a family debate!!!!!!!!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Settle a family debate!!!!!!!!
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 07:46:14 -0400

We harvest the process.  More or less.  We are lucky to run off a spring with plenty of water (well water) that is nice and clean and about 50 degree.  I dunk my greens in a buckets of cool water, place in shade, repeat, then put in coolers and transport to spinning area.  No hard core washing needed.

I do this with my root crops as well.  Bucket of cool water as I harvest they soak and clean and then I bunch and tie from the bucket.  The water I use I poor around my younger trees that I grow in small amounts for the replanting around the farm.

So nothing gets wasted.

Hope that helps!

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm