market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Naming the gardens...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Naming the gardens...
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 00:53:00 GMT

We went through the same thing when we got started. We'd come up with
something we thought was so clever, and then after thinking it over, we would
think, oh my gosh that sounds ridiculous! So... we went nameless. Until we
joined our current market and under those by-laws, we had to have a name. So,
we just used our last name. Boring. Not creative in the least. But, my
husband is a professor at the university and his name is "known" in this
area. And, we hope to build this into something we can leave our son someday
and that he will take some pride in his name and the farm. When the people
around here see any advertising we do, or when we pass out coupons or
business cards, they at least know who we are. Sort of.
There are some really creative, great named farms out there!
Carla
Maness Farm
Perkins, OK

Click here to find old friends, lovers or family.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3oCe4RqIqnvfRwJHWFKThkwOgNXwqjlD0UXgnuPimvwnicUk/