market-farming - [Market-farming] brown rot in peaches

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Teresa Oliver" <oliver AT osprey.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] brown rot in peaches
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:13:22 -0500

Was wondering if anyone is struggling with brown rot in peaches this season?  We had some on plums earlier  - it is much worse in the peaches.  My question is --is it possible to wash them and store to ripen since they are rotting before they ripen. Do you wash them with anything special?  Are they safe to eat? We have a small CSA list where we mix vegetables, fruits and herbs and have not had this problem to this extent in seasons past.  I can find information about working on the problem itself although not this season so will try that - just wanted to know about other people's experiences. Thanks -- Teresa, Sundog CSA