market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Harvest containers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Harvest containers
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 12:41:15 GMT

We use the containers from Monte Packaging. Bought them a few years ago and they hold up very well. I had some blow out of the back of my pickup and they didn't break. The ones we have nest or stack, and have holes for drainage. We still pick into buckets, haul those to the wash area, wash and pack into the containers. Water drains off and then they go into the cooler. I believe they either call them grape lugs or blueberry lugs. Not cheap, but they should last for many years.

Carla

Perkins, OK

Put an end to annoying pop ups! Click here!