market-farming - [Market-farming] Harvest containers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Cory and Shanti Rade <whipstone AT aol.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Harvest containers
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 01:19:46 -0400

I am looking to buy some harvest containers.  Have been harvesting into 5 gallon buckets for the past 10 years, but now that we have a walk-in cooler, I am looking to upgrade and buckets don't work well for everything.  We would be using them for a wide variety of crops from salad mix to head lettuce to peppers, eggplant, roots crops, onions - basically everything (except tomatoes).  I am thinking something that will nest and stack and is a durable plastic able to handle lots of sun (in Arizona) and not break down.  Are there companies and specific styles that anyone likes?  I did come across Buckhorn Packaging, but there are lots of options and I am not sure what would be best.
Thanks for your input.

Shanti Rade
Whipstone Farm
Paulden, AZ