market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] organic compost/humus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] organic compost/humus
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:32:31 +0000

In my full time job, I am a metals analyst for an environmental company in
Bentonville. I've analyzed all the sewer sludge headed for land applications
in my area and most of the surrounding areas, as well as the municipal
compost for the city and none of it has shown to be high or even contain
significant levels of any of the metals - trace or heavy. The reason I do not
use it myself is because I am concerned with the things I am not checking
for, like drug/pesticide residues and other compound chemical contamination.
But at least about the metals, I would not be worried.

Roxann Phillips, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com