market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] organic compost/humus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: road's end farm <organic101 AT linkny.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Nan Johnson <nan AT olemiss.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] organic compost/humus
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 22:13:05 -0400

On Oct 3, 2007, at 6:13 PM, Nan Johnson wrote:

<x-tad-smaller> Last month, I called another national company directly, to ask about their "soil conditioner" and they could not verify its exact source or content, only that it is municiple waster from various locations around the country.  They said they did not test the product for anything, though of course the label says "natural".  I decided not to use it on veggies.</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>
</x-tad-smaller>
Not only wouldn't I use that on veggies, I wouldn't use it anywhere that might grow crops for consumption in the future, or anywhere that children might play in the soil.