market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fresh produce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fresh produce
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 19:32:32 -0500

Phil, I agree with you totally.

I recently sold some cucumbers to the local hospital. They were going to feed them to the hospital cafeteria patrons but the patients couldn’t have them because they weren’t from an “approved” source. You should have seen the crap for the patients! Rotten tomatoes, wrinkly cucumbers, tasteless wholesale junk and very little raw veggies ending up on the patients’ plates. I am beginning to believe there is no hope for most of the population.

By the way Phil, your veggies I got at the Omaha market were absolutely delicious!

Marie in Missouri