market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] We got robbed at the market, don't let this happen to you

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom Circle" <tcircle AT ckt.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] We got robbed at the market, don't let this happen to you
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:49:12 -0500

Well sounds like a really good way to do business!!! We have used digital
scales at market for some time, but had to put up some customers smirking at
the use of them. I suppose they are used to some 'ole farmer coming to town
with his hat in hand asking what will you give me for my cabbage? I
believe that every producer should be selling with a certifiable scale. I
don't believe in cheating anyone and the first and foremost person that I
don't want to cheat is myself. Everyone, and I mean everyone of the people
that sell at a market think of themselves and their farm as a business, so
why shouldn't you conduct yourself and your business as a business. You
don't see any of the grocery stores regardless of any size selling their
produce without a scale and a cash register. Sorry for anyone's loss as I
have been very worried that it might happen to me also.

That's my thoughts.

Tom, SE Kansas.....