market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] We got robbed at the market, don't let this happen to you

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: BillOhio <billohio AT gmail.com>
  • To: castens AT nepower.coop, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] We got robbed at the market, don't let this happen to you
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 05:41:07 -0400

My wife made an apron which I wear for the cash with two pockets and our logo across the top. I don't feel comfortable unless I know where the money is, even in our small market. It's a lot handier too than having to reach for a cash box constantly to make change.

Last year about this time the same thing happened in our market--one person distracted a vendor while the other grabbed her cash box and bolted. A customer noticed and started yelling, and he was run down and held until the police arrived...folks in cars on the highway stopped and helped give chase. All in all, we were lucky nobody got hurt IMO. Last I heard the thieves were released for lack of evidence, which seems pretty ironic to us.

Bill Huhman
Central Ohio