market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] "organic": actual USDA regulations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "sals" <sals3 AT cox.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] "organic": actual USDA regulations
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:51:34 -0700

so you make the people doing it right pay because someone is doing it wrong . u want to go tax the folks that pass the organic test every year because someone down the street might be lying. good idea

I understand now I got to pay because someone else lies. make the folks that are organic pay because some one else is dishonest. and make them pay every year enough already.

ok the USDA only had to give us a definition ok I will go along with that . but why make a police action and a tax on every organic grower year after year for the rest of their organic life . enough already

The problem with many "organic" farmers who do not certify is that their
definition of organic may be substantially different than what most
would consider to be organic. I used to sell at a farmers market with a
:"organic grower" who liked to use a little round-up around the barn and
to clean up problem areas. Many other non certified "organic" growers
use rotenone and other substances which are proscribed by the
standard. Or they may spread raw manure and take a crop off it in just
a few months. If you asked them to describe their practices, they
would be happy to share, but what they do doesn't necessarily match with
what most would consider to be organic.

Andy
www.FellenzFamilyFarm.com

sals
you think my messages are hard to follow check out my web page hehe am dyslectic
I can't read my own stuff most the time sorry but I try.
http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html