market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] strawberry prices?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] strawberry prices?
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 06:47:31 -0400

We get $4.00 a pint for organic (not certified) berries. We do not grow June bearers so for most of the season our berries are out of season. We sell out around 90% of the time.

When we had june bearing strawberries we found we could make a lot more sales/money by switching from quarts to pints. IIRC we sold June bearers at $2 a pint and often sell out or $3 a quart and rarely sell out.

courtney mcleod wrote:

When my berries are in….I get $4.00/qt.