market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] 20 Row Tray Question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] 20 Row Tray Question
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:40:09 -0500 (CDT)

I use trays made by Landmark Plastics called "50 Strip Pack System"
Just ask for the 1020 size carry tray part of the system. I got a case of
these trays by mistake and found them to be the best 20 row seedling tray
carrier ever made. They have 4 raised rows of ribs within the tray just high
enough to support a seedling tray.
Before I had these trays I used to put a short piece of 1x6 pine board on the
bottom of each 1020 tray to hold the seedling tray level with the top. For
folks who don't know about seedling trays they sag a fall half cocked in
regular 1020 carriers or they break in half without a carrier... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.