market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:32:35 -0500

I have been involved in a fellowship in rural entrepreneurship in
Kentucky. We learned that each dollar spent locally will circulate 7
times before leaving the community! That is tremendous, when you think
about local prosperity or lack therof. You might get some results using
the terms "rural entrepeneurship and farms" in a search. there is a BIG
movement in rural US on increasing local wealth thru entrepreneurship,
and alot of grant money has been spread around to make these tools
available - many online in different states. I will try to seek out some
links during my breaks today.
Toni

There is a statistic somewhere that talks about for every
dollar spent locally on local product it returns so many dollars to
the local economy. That is not very helpful I am sure but you may
find it on a Chamber website somewhere, If I can dig it up I will
pass it on. Good luck!
Shelly Montgomery