market-farming - [Market-farming] Landscape fabric

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: pam AT twinoaks.org
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Landscape fabric
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:31:45 -0500

I'm considering buying landscape fabric for "permanent" aisle mulching in
raspberries and blueberries. I've never used the stuff before, so I'd welcome
hearing others' experience. Sounds like the woven sort would be more
durable than the non-woven, yes? Which brands have worked well, or poorly
for folks? Where can I get good prices? Any tips about installing it. I plan
put drip tape underneath, and sawdust or wood chips on top, to keep
sunlight off, and maximise its life. Any comments, anyone?
Pam, Twin Oaks, Louisa, VA. Zone 7