market-farming - [Market-farming] Drip Tape was Fall sales slump

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Drip Tape was Fall sales slump
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:28:24 -0400

Yes, drip can be a real pain in the neck if you have to hoe a planted crop or want to re-till between crops. I'm verging on going back to overhead sprinklers, but I'm sure that that will lead to more disease among the leafy greens, and whatnot.

Someone on this list mentioned burying drip tape for row crops in beds (I think). I'd like to hear more about this. (How deeply it's buried, how it gets down there, how long it lasts, and so on.)

Thanks

Allan Balliett
Shepherdstown, WV 25443