market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fall sales slump

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT lobo.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fall sales slump
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:29:45 -0600

This is just one item, but if you get tomatoes started early enough they
can set fruit before days get too hot to set fruit, and they'll be maturing
and selling during the heat of summer. At the same time, you start a later
crop or later maturing crop, and have tomatoes setting fruit soon as summer
heat lets up. A two-step approach. One other item - chard. It doesn't bolt
like lettuce in the summer, and it's a good *spinach* substitute with
milder flavor and quick to cook. Around here people look for it and nobody
has it. Are you using drip irrigation and mulch?

paul tradingpost AT lobo.net