market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cramps

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <Allan AT freshandlocalcsa.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cramps
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 07:04:33 -0400

I started cramping this season, also. I stopped into MOM's Organic Foods in Rockville MD where they have a pretty good herbalist in the HABA area. She looked 'leg cramps' up in a x-reference they have there and came up with "calcium-magnesium-potassium ratio + electrolyte deficiency" Well that may be, too, because I've been taking a great calcium-magnesium supplement, but not eating bananas. What she recommended was the "Electrolyte Stamina PowerPak" from "Trace Minerals" I have to admit that I've felt better since taking this inexpensive supplement regularly and I've had no leg cramps. I haven't really noticed this yet (it's been colder), but I'm hoping that it will also offset the strong thirsts I get on hot days that water won't quench. -Allan