market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tin foil seed packets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Chuck" <Mongotrout AT mchsi.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tin foil seed packets
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:01:31 -0600

I put my DRY seeds in the original envelope and staple it shut. Then I use
my food saver to vacuum seal all the separate packages in one big bag. I
put that bag in the refrigerator until needed. When I need seeds, I cut the
bag, take out what I need, and re-vacuum seal. For about 5 years, this
method has worked very well for me. This year, I plan to use one of the 2
quart size plastic vacuum containers that can be sealed, then re-opened with
the push of a button.

Chuck Evans
SW MO