market-farming - [Market-farming] Tin foil seed packets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marlin Burkholder" <glenecofarm AT planetcomm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Tin foil seed packets
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:51:36 -0500

I would like to locate a source for empty tin foil lined seed packets like
the ones found inside the seed packets of seeds distributed by the Italian
seed supplier "Franchi". They are durable and once opened can be securely
closed by folding over the end to make an airtight closure. This would
solve the problem of old seed packets coming apart and spilling seeds. I
would like to use them for storing all of my self saved seed or any carried
over packet seed from other companies that are currently not using them like
Fedco and Johnney's. I would transfer the seed from the paper packet into
the foil packet and then place it back into the original paper packet. This
seems like a better way to keep my stored seed airtight than trying to find
a suitable larger airtight container for storing my packet seed in and would
ease my accessability to my seeds. I would only need to break the airtight
seal of the seed I am using when I open a packet.

The other solution would be to order all of my seeds from Bill at "Seeds of
Italy" but I'm not quite ready for that yet.

Marlin Burkholder
Virginia