market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Two Questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Brooke <bbrooke61 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Two Questions
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:15:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi Pat-I am some 30 miles south of Topeka in Osage City...I am a transplant from California, this will be my 3rd year here, and at first I called myself a reluctant Kansan. I just wasn't crazy about the state, or the people....and about 6 months ago, something happened, I don't know what, but I began to see the goodness in most people, the stars at night, the clouds, the wildlife and wide open spaces and suddenly Kansas and I are off on our honeymoon. I couldn't love it more than I do.
Thanks for the good wishes....organics hasn't really caught on here yet, at least not in my part of Kansas, but rather than a negative I see that as a wide open market.
Come on back!
Brooke

Pat Jackowsky <3littlepigsmkt AT bellsouth.net> wrote:
Brooke, where in Kansas are you? We have been thinking of moving back to
Kansas (lived there when hubby was in the Air Force) but since we've retired
We have a wonderful setup where we are now for market gardening but would
really like to get closer to our kids, who are in Wichita.

Good luck with your business.

Pat