market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market Legal Problems -- Assistance Requested

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shelly Elliott" <shelly AT idlethyme.com>
  • To: <cheselka AT theriver.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market Legal Problems -- Assistance Requested
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:21:48 -0600

Matt,
Our fledgling market, The Wyoming Fresh Market, has also had a wonderful
first year. We are looking forward to next year. We were required to
purchase a permit and a pricey insurance policy as well. We decided that
since we want a long term healthy relationship with the county that we would
go along with their requirements. We made a few attempts to get them to bend
the rules to no avail. In the end it all worked out, we had a successful
market year, the county got their permits and we are on good terms to open
the market next year. Good luck!
Shelly