market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomatoes after tomatoes?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomatoes after tomatoes?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:27:37 -0400

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:04:00 -0400, you wrote:

>>This is basically how the 'mysterious' crop-circles (and
>>other figures) in England were made.
>>
>>Two men just got the idea it would be fun to fool people and
>>they sure did: lots of conferences were held about the crop
>>circles, articles written in magazines and newspapers about
>>them, even articles in scholarly journals, etc. Lots of
>>people made fools of themselves, really - visitors from
>>space, etc. Eventually, the culprits 'fessed up.
>>
>>Pat
>
>Pat - Don't tell me you really believe those guys!!! Have you looked
>at crop circles much? Holy Moly!!!! I'd rather be sitting in a pub
>sipping a pint than out stomping celtic geometry into someone's
>fields for hours!!
>
>Yes, the 2x4 gives you the mysterious 'the plants are broken
>down...and yet live!!!' /-:

But they did it. They demonstrated before the press, and it
didn't take them long at all. Truly.

As for motive: don't forget that the British have a very
long national tradition of ... hmmmm...(to put it politely)
strong eccentricity. It's just the exact sort of thing to
appeal to a lot of Brits. ;-)

Sorry, I haven't time to fetch the URLs, but my husband is
English, was living in England at the time, and he knew
about the two guys who did it (from the press and TV in the
UK). There are also numerous websites about it.

It's a lot easier for me to believe that two men who even
repeatedly demonstrated doing it before assemblies of the
press and TV cameras did, in fact, do it than it is for me
to believe in visitors from space with some reason to make
crop circles....

Pat
--
Coming soon: www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful