market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Winter, water, outside cats

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Winter, water, outside cats
  • Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 11:26:26 -0400

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 08:22:01 -0400, you wrote:

>The pet department at a department store might have a heated dog's water
>dish. If the shed has electricity that will take care of the problem. If
>not you could put it on a back porch or patio near an outlet and show the
>cats where it is.

Robin, aren't there heated chicken-waterers too? Would that
work?

I know there are also heaters for bird baths, so that they
don't freeze. I guess one could find them by Googling on
'bird bath heater'.

I just did: yikes. Expensive.

http://www.birdbaths.com/shop-all.cfm/n=Bird-Bath-Heaters/aisle_id=1120

Maybe there are cheaper ones.

Pat
--
Coming soon: www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful