market-farming - [Market-farming] Tomatoes after tomatoes?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Tomatoes after tomatoes?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:18:43 -0400

We have had tomatoes after tomatoes for several years, probably at least four years.  Yes, I know that I should be rotating but I have done this because this patch of ground is the closest to the house (hose bib) and when I need to water, it is done with hundreds of feet of garden hose.  The other ground is much further out.

I am not sure if they are suffering since I do not remember what the crops were like years ago.  I have not noticed any carry-over disease problems from year to year either.  The only plants that look bad are the ones at the North end, which had standing water for quite some time this Spring.

Tom