market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Subscription fee

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Subscription fee
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 13:06:33 -0400

Comparing subscription websites, paid discussion groups and free emails
lists is like comparing magazines, talk around the water cooler and
telephones--all exchanges of information, all related but not the same.

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, this list is free & has been for
4 years. And it will remain so until I sort out the particulars, and IF I
charge for it. That is a very big IF. I haven't decided what I'm going to
do, nor am I in a hurry to do something hasty or "take" your money. I've
always taken pride in the work I do on this list and always, in decisions
relating to this list, I have tried to use wisdom in making those decisions,
and not what is in my best interest, but what is best for this group.

This list is hosted free, on a private server and isn't a commercial
venture, which is why you are not bothered with ads and glitches like yahoo.

My website marketfarming.com is my property. It does not belong to this
list. It does cost me, and not a small amount because I do all the design
work & maintenance myself & I don't use any free services that inundate
readers with ads & popups. One day soon, after careful tending as required
of any "crop", it will produce income. I'm not ashamed to say it is a
business venture and someday, to use it, readers will have to pay. When the
day comes, it will be a value worth paying whatever price I ask of it. Why?
Because I have a passion for seeing that small farmers succeed. Farming and
helping others farm is why I was put on this earth. But I'm not Mother
Teresa. I can't be so charitable.

For now, let's not clog the list with all this discussion. I really
appreciate the support. But I don't want the group fractured & left
wondering what's going to happen. Let's get back farming. Status quo for
now.

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC