market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] A Riddle ...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] A Riddle ...
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:09:35 -0500

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:41:13 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

> 1. Those 72 hole things you can buy at the hardward store for
> $5
> 2. I've recently moved to shallow (8 inches high I think)
> sweater boxes. In these, I've been using those Jiffy-Pack
> peat containers (square ones) filled with the 'Supersoil'.
> I can fit 50-60 of these in one sweater box.
> 3. Same as #2 but with round jiffy-pack peat containers.

Second answer - PS - little seedlings need good air
circulation too.

That's why people generally grow them in small containers
set in plastic flats - flat trays - so they will have good
air circulation. I wouldn't grow my seedlings in something
8" deep.

Matt, if I may very, very gently and politely suggest
something to you: you can avoid a lot of costly and
annoying mistakes if you read a couple of good books on
gardening. It can save you an awful lot of wheel-spinning.

Pat