market-farming - [Market-farming] introduction to LocalHarvest.org

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Glen Gillmore <glen AT localharvest.org>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] introduction to LocalHarvest.org
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:22:48 -0700

Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you about
http://www.localharvest.org. I hope you see this as a free marketing tool
you can use.

LocalHarvest.org is a national, free, online directory of farmers markets,
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) programs, farm stands, U-pick farms,
and farm events. We recently added an e-commerce component that allows
family farmers to sell their mail-order-appropriate products through the
site.

Farmers who want to be listed in the directory or begin selling their
products through LocalHarvest.org can sign up for free at
http://www.localharvest.org/register.jsp.

Founded in 1999, LocalHarvest now lists approximately 6,000 local food
sources throughout the United States, and helps more than 2,000 people per
day find locally-grown food.

Glen Gillmore
Director of Marketing
http://www.localharvest.org

  • [Market-farming] introduction to LocalHarvest.org, Glen Gillmore, 10/01/2003