market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] DEER FENCING

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: bockpa AT plesh.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] DEER FENCING
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:35:06 -0400

right now I'm using a triple electric fence. One of those moveable goat fences in the middle with hot strands set off 3 feet on either side at 4 feet height. all of this hooked up to the strongest charger I can get.

Even this is not perfect, the deer occasionally will even go through that and cause major damage. As fall approaches and the deer get desperate I've also left one of our gp's inside each 2 acre field. I've found that a gp is about the best dog for keeping deer away.

We are in an area with a very dense deer population.