market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tents for a particular use?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tents for a particular use?
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:12:57 -0400

We got our EZ Up for $250 from a company I found on the web (Van Raalt). This is an upgrade from the $179 EZ-Up that Sam's Club and Costco have. It has two years of hard use and looks like it will go another 2 to 3 easily at this point. Ours is much more rugged than the Sam's Club models I have seen this year. The cheaper EZ Ups do not have cross pieces holding up the cover but rather have the supports all along the sides. I am willing to bet this is where most start to break down. And the covers themselves are thinner and are not bolted to the frame (IIRC).

If you are doing several markets a year I would suggest paying $250+ for an EZ Up-the additional $75 will get you a few more year's service and a shelter than can take pretty strong winds. EZ Up makes a lot of different grades of shelters from the under $100 models to shelters that cost well over $2000 and can withstand hurricane force winds.

I believe ours is the Express II and the Sam's Club model is the Express III

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH
Check out the Boulder Belt website:
"There is no way to peace---peace is the way."
A.J. Muste