market-farming - [Market-farming] cilantro overwintering

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nan Johnson" <nan AT olemiss.edu>
  • To: "marketfarming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] cilantro overwintering
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:02:38 -0700

In Mississippi zone 7b, I can let the cilantro go to seed, and it sprouts on its own in January and is beautiful in late winter, early spring.  It actually comes up not just in the bed but in the grassy rows, so I guess it is a vigerous little seedling!   It is fine without any row cover all through late winter.

It bolts in late spring here and doesn't sprout again over the summer months (at least during last 3 years)

nan at dancing goats farm