market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] rebar removal

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Paul A. Bock" <bockpa AT plesh.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] rebar removal
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:07:32 -0400

Personally I love my Hi lift Jack. The thing is red or maroon, and I think
it is good for 7,000 pounds. I use that thing for everything. You can set
it up to jack up or jack down. With just the flip of the lever. Jack up is
for lifting things. You use the jack down for winching. One end goes to
the vehicle, the other, moving part of the jack goes to whatever you are
trying to winch to. start jacking down and you can draw the vehicle toward
the tree, etc. Be careful about lifting a vehicle if two tires come off the
ground, the end of the vehicle in the air will tend to slide to one side and
fall over the jack. This is a good technique to get yourself out of ruts
that you bottomed out the frame in. You can also use it pull things
together and pry things apart. Think jaws-of-life, only manual not
hydraulic. And from what I hear you can order a rebuild kit for all the
parts that could break or wear out. it is good for vehicles with good
strong steel bumpers like trucks, but could do a lot of damage to the new
vehicles with plastic bumpers and body moldings. I hate all the plastic
that they are attaching to the outside of trucks nowadays. bumpers, air
rams, trim, etc. sometimes even the body armor under the truck is made out
of plastic. A couple good trips to the woods rips most of this stuff off.