market-farming - RE: patty pan

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kane, Tracy" <TKane AT peacehealth.org>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: patty pan
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:32:59 -0700

Title: RE: [market-farming] patty pan

Hi, we had a poor season also with our squash, hit hard early on by the squash bug bloom: next year, row covers for sure; next thought is: I have Jerusalem artichokes, and was hoping for experienced JA growers to help me in answering "when do I harvest these wonderful tasting tubers?" And, again, the what makes them so special for the diabetic clientele? Thanks, TK