market-farming - Market signage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Market signage
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:30:52 -0500

We have tried different ways to come up with functional, readable, signs for
our different products at the farmer's market and mostly use ziploc baggies
with 3x5" cards inserted and then clothespinning to the container of
produce. Unfortunately the new plastic containers we bought don't work well
with clothespins because of the lip on the container.

I know some marketers use a slate or erasable boards and list all the
products in one place, but I tend to think that it might be better to keep
the prices and descriptions right next to the product. I know that I
personally prefer that when looking at a vendor's products.

Anyone have some suggestions on what works best from a marketing point of
view? Especially something that clamps on to existing containers?

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm
Dairy heifers and dairy beef graziers