market-farming - I like Dennis Avery

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: I like Dennis Avery
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 13:56:16 -0500

I like Avery and find him no more loony than some folks on the biodynamic
side of ag.,
what I don't like are thick headed small minded people who refuse to listen
to disenting
opinions and try to squelch free speech

Thirty years ago as a member of the back to the land movement we fought a
tough
establishment of agricultural bigots but look in the mirror, today we ARE the
establishment, lets take a lesson from the past and not become entrenched ag
bigots, but
seekers of truth.
I have devoted my life to mid Atlantic agriculture and I am very pleased with
all the
great things going on in this highly diversified ag region and I am proud to
be a part
of it, we have much to share and this food summit is one more way to do it...
Markets are still jumping around here, lots of cole crops and lettuce to be
picked, we
have yet to get a real killing frost, just started making Christmas greens,
the
decorative kind not the eating kind, the Balsam looks good from NS. hope it
stays that
way...
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

  • I like Dennis Avery, robert schuler, 11/15/2000