livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] comfrey

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] comfrey
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:57:51 -0600

Might add, alfalfa is right up there with comfrey, and a lot easier to
find. Brings up deep subsoil minerals. I use alfalfa meal mixed with
screened, aged horse manure for amending soil. Tomatoes love it, proof is
in the eating. Our local greenhouse supply has it in 40 lb bags, not
expensive since it goes a long way. The manure is free and loaded. Couldn't
do without all that since nobody cuts lawns for miles around.