livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Global glut squeezes dairy farmers, consumers

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Liz" <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Global glut squeezes dairy farmers, consumers
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:10:22 -0400

I hope this may help the small farmers who are selling directly to consumers, or selling through herd or cow shares. I feel bad for the farmers who will go out of business, though. Some of them may be able to convert to direct sales, but most probably won't. Another example of why local demand needs to drive local production.

Liz