internetworkers - [internetworkers] question about hacktool.rootkit

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] question about hacktool.rootkit
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:40:40 -0400

I've been having problems with my computer and have run Symantec several
times. The last 4 complete scans all show the same result -- file
oaannf.sys, risk hacktool.rootkit, cleaned, the file was repaired
successfully -- the file is in WINDOWS\system32\drivers.

If the file was repaired successfully, why does it show up again the next
time I scan?

I tried scanning with ThreatFire and it doesn't see any problems.

What do you think? Is my machine still infected?

My computer is a UNC Lenovo R61 running Symantec Endpoint Protection,
Version 11.0.6005.562, definitions Monday, August 30 r2.

Judy