internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] question about hacktool.rootkit

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green Jr." <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] question about hacktool.rootkit
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:35:47 -0400

Wow.  Completely disagree with this statement.
I've been using Windows 7 on all of my systems at the house for a while now and I find it to be quite zippy - in some cases faster than WinXP in response times.  Caveat: I use Win7 64 bit and I have a lot of RAM in my systems.  I recognize that perhaps that makes my systems less than ideal as "standard" systems.

As far as the original poster: I am guessing you will need to boot from a bootable CD to remove the problem file(s) - they may be in a state where they can't be cleaned since they are in use.

Lyman