internetworkers - [internetworkers] Mac Users: Mac Book Pro 15"... 2.5 or 2.8?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Susan LaBarre" <idodesignforchange AT gmail.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Mac Users: Mac Book Pro 15"... 2.5 or 2.8?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:12:44 -0400

Help. With the tax holiday coming up, I'm finally ready to buy my Mac this week. It's like coming home after a long, ugly trip!!

I've done my store research and online research but there's no better resource than this list. I know some of you are Mac users. Is it worth the extra $300 for the processing speed and the additional 300 in cache? I spend most of my time in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and on the web.

Yes, price IS a consideration, but performance is too. I'm desperate to dump this 5 year old dinosaur of a Dell which is so slow and vram deprived, it won't even open my CS3 programs. And it can't drive a bigger monitor.

Also... any preference to windows xp portal ap: VM Ware Fusion vs Parallels Desktop. Price is same, so it's a matter of which program performs better. I expect to continue using my windows version of Outlook, Word, and Excel. (I could switch to Neo Office, but as a contractor, I don't want to get rusty on my windows skills.)

Any help in deciding this quickly will be greatly appreciated!!

Susan

The Chew Chew Poop Pee Express is leaving the station.
Are your kids on board?

Web: www.chewchewpoopeexpress.com
Email: susan AT heartpathpress.com
Stops at: Twitter ~ FaceBook ~ Amazon