internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] AT&T U-Verse

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: burnett AT pobox.com
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] AT&T U-Verse
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:23:54 -0500

---- burnett AT pobox.com wrote:
> I am in west Raleigh just inside the city limits and U-Verse is not
> available for my neighborhood either. But I live in hope :). TWC has been
> having annoyingly frequent network outages, I would switch today if
> U-Verse was available.

We are off of Ridge Road and can't get it either. I don't know what it
will look like, but it has to be able to run the company VPN. I assume
it would.

> I also concur with Ron about a strong dislike for the "new and improved"
> UI in the software for the TWC DVRs.

What idiot came up with that UI? I talked to a person at TWC and told
them politely that it sucked. One reason we kept the old non-HD boxes
is that we hated the new HD interface, then they changed those too.