internetworkers - [internetworkers] AT&T U-Verse

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ron Thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: itw <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] AT&T U-Verse
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:01:21 -0500

Just FYI -- I received an AT&T U-Verse flyer in the mail yesterday, at my Raleigh home address. I checked my address at uverse.att.com and, sure enough, the service is available. No voice just yet, but orders are being accepted for IP and TV.

IP service is tiered out with service at 1.5/1/$33, 3/1/$38, 6/1/$43, 10/1.5/$55 and 18/1.5/$65. (MbpsDown/MbpsUp/$ @ unbundled rate)

I haven't spent much time looking at the TV service, but it looks like they have a better HD line-up than TWC (not hard to accomplish) and their set top box software would have to really stink to not be a massive improvement over TWC's.

--rt