internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] mp3 sites

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Brian Henning" <lugmail AT cheetah.dynip.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] mp3 sites
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 22:35:09 -0400

Not to rain on anyone's parade, of course, but if the source files you used
to burn the CD were equipped with some form of DRM mechanism, the tactic you
describe would be considered as bypassing or stripping the mechanism, and
would be a violation (as I understand it, which is minimal) of the DMCA. It
may also be a violation of iTunes TOS (not being an iTunes user myself, I've
no clue). I'm sure it varies on a recording-by-recording basis, but do
tread carefully.

~B