internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] INW gathering, Tuesday July 24th,

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] INW gathering, Tuesday July 24th,
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:48:21 -0400

I'm resembling that remark more & more myself every day. But I'll admit to being a bit unsettled when I arrive for a show and find that the seats are out. "AARP Presents -- Radio Birdman!!!" They didn't put the chairs out for Slint, but given the observed average age, they might have done.

By all accounts Jorma is still a crackerjack* guitar player, if you're into that sort of thing.

Gotta run now and rip the last of my wax cylinders before it's off to see some vaudeville (no-snuff night) at the local saloon.

--rt

* - generationally appropriate lingo

Roger Austin wrote:
ron thigpen wrote:
artists that catered to a more -ahem- mature audience.

Hey! I resemble that remark. I prefer "seasoned and
experienced".
I can't believe that Hot Tuna is still playing. They are
even older than other people I know. Should be Tepid Tuna
by now.
As I was converting our old vinyl to CDs, I came across
some really funny (funky?) looking bands. Someone must have
bought all these albums...