internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Outlook and HTML mail

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Outlook and HTML mail
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:43:39 -0500

On Mar 16, 2006, at 9:24 PM, Craig Duncan wrote:

Not that it should be a requirement, but did you try embedding your
images into the email?

I tried that, but then the HTML couldn't reference the image. I changed the "src" tag to simply be the name of the image, but the image didn't show up in the rendered email, even

In any event I figured out the problem thanks to all of the help from the list.

As it turns out other outlook installs could read the email if they turned on that ability. As it turns out my employee's HTTP proxy was not configured correctly and thus external images weren't showing up.

THANKS!

No one really knows how to play the drums. There's nothing to know. You just hit
them with sticks. If you miss, just sit closer. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC