internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] CMS recommendations?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Bob Stepno <bstepno AT mindspring.com>
  • To: deborah AT invincigirl.com, internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] CMS recommendations?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:49:37 -0500

On Mar 15, 2006, at 12:25 PM, Deborah Ellington wrote::
> Problem is, despite plenty of websites alluding to Silva's
> "extensive documentation," I can find hardly hide nor hair
> of that alleged documentation.

Besides this http://www.infrae.nl/products/silva/docs/
there's some talk about Silva docs here http://tinyurl.com/zkll8

Since Silva is based on Zope, the Zopefolks have some more docs if you haven't seen them yet:
http://www.zope.org/Members/camil7/silvadoc

(I haven't used Silva, but did a workshop on Zope and Plone a couple of years ago.)

Yet Another CMS?
Someone just recommended Textpattern http://www.textpattern.com/ for a fall project. I showed it to a local blogsite sysadmin who got curious, installed it in a couple of hours, and now is running three or four sites on it, including a 200-blogger aggregator at http://rockytopbrigade.org and a couple of political organization sites. He had been using WordPress plus some of his own LAMPware, and was thinking of trying Drupal, but says Textpattern is the easiest he's used yet.

However, I don't know whether it handles your print-production requirements.

I'd be interested in hearing about anything else that has worked for folks as a crossover between newspaper/magazine and blog community. "Newspaper"(my definition): Frequently updated information, organized by someone's ideas of importance and topic categories.

Bob (formerly bob AT unc.edu) in Knoxville
rstepno AT utk.edu