internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Google!?? you're kidding, right?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Google!?? you're kidding, right?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:19:48 -0400 (EDT)

Tarus, none of that was directed at you, so's ya know; I shoulda made that
clear. I just needed to vent and Dave's apoplexy sorta triggered it.

In reference to Tanner Lovelace's message:
> How about: All smart people don't get so fscking upset over something so
> trivial. Soapboxes are overrated. If you wanted me to understand and
> appreciate your position, you did a lousy job. Perhaps I should tell you
> to RTFM on persuasion? O:-)

Excellent! ... 'cuz I definitely /wasn't/ trying to persuade you. That's
what soapboxes are for -- ranting and raving. Somebody's gotta do it,
otherwise Google and Microsoft will Borg us all.

Incidentally, I don't think the "Google is God" phenomenon is trivial...

:)
Alan