internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] parade in Chapel Hill

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] parade in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:41:07 -0400

on the swing state issue...
NC is officially been christened a Swing State by the DNC, they think
there is a real chance of Kerry and Edwards winning here, due to
shifts in the polls as well as response to several activities that
they have been operating for the past few months....

I was supposed to start working for them, but the change to a swing
state changed their focus and eliminated the job I was about to start
in

~ian

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:19:44 -0500, Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com> wrote:
> I think you may be right about the attempt to keep the gay marriage
> issue in the minds of the voters but I don't think Edwards has nearly
> enough local support to actually make this a swing state. At best,
> Edwards will force Bush to spend more time in the southern states
> pulling his time and money away from the mid-west swing states. I
> think Edwards was a bad choice and Gephardt would have been a better
> running mate (pulling in more of those swing states)
>
> Actually if I were a Democrat Lieberman would have been my idealistic
> choice (although he isn't very electable).
>

> > Let's play "find the real reason for this march!"
> >
> > Most of those who really pay attention to politics know that the whole
> > gay marriage thing is being pushed more to drive far-right-wing voter
> > turnout in November than because the Guys In Power actually think of
> > marryin' queers as a Legitimate Threat.
> >
> > The Right has seen their attempt at getting a Constitutional Amendment
> > vote onto the November ballot in North Carolina quashed at the
> > legislative level. It's become a dead issue, no play.
> >
> > Therefore, they are attempting to find any way they possibly can to
> keep
> > the whole "gay thing" in the papers and in people's mindspace, right
> up
> > until the election. More mindspace and airtime given to Those Damn
> > Homos will necessarily mean less mindspace and airtime given to real
> > issues, like the complete collapse of North Carolina's textiles
> > industry, or the Iraq boondoggle, or etc etc.
> >
> > Anyone think this might be because, with Edwards, NC is actually a
> swing
> > state now?
> >
> > Paula,
> > seeking job as lobbyist, analyst, or talking head (either kind).
> >
> > ---
> > Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
> http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
> > You are currently subscribed to InterNetWorkers mailing list
> > To unsubscribe visit

Uh-huh, I know I ain't hearin' that see. You tellin' or you askin'?
Cuz nobody tells Boxy Brown. - Boxy Brown