internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] parade in Chapel Hill

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] parade in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 07:59:08 -0400

On Aug 27, 2004, at 12:15 AM, Thomas wrote:
I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to march. I'm saying that the march offends me. In particular, the use of a publicly-owned natural resource -- the radio spectrum -- to advocate a divisive agenda offends me. Bob Dumas the private citizen has his first amendment rights. But as a broadcaster, his first amendment rights are accompanied by significant duties to the community. He is flouting that responsibility.

That is my annoyance with the parade in a nutshell.

Is this the same guy who advocated running down bicyclists a few months ago?